Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

*Personal Update* I Hit a Milestone!

So it's been about 3 weeks since I adopted a new, healthier lifestyle and I am excited to report that I've lost my first 20#! And I feel SO much better! I'm still doing smoothies with the super green, fruit, fat free yogurt, and almond milk for breakfast every day. I've had NO sodas/pop for 3 weeks, and I drink primarily water all day. This coming from a guy who killed 6-8 sodas a day easily, and never drank water. My joints are thanking me! I eat a very very light lunch, usually some celery with a tad of peanut butter for protein, and a couple of pieces of fruit - unless we have salad made up, then I'll have a salad with fat free dressing. Speaking of - I have always HATED fat free salad dressings - I found them to be bland and often watery tasting - but I found the most AMAZING dressing - It's a Ken's Steakhouse dressing, Fat-Free Raspberry Pecan - and it is so full flavored and sweet. Good stuff - try it! For supper - I used to eat until I was so stuffed I was sleepy - terrible! Now, I have a sensible serving of whatever we're having - which is no longer out of a can or a box, and I feel satisfied and more important, I don't feel like I'm in a food coma. I've had NO indigestion for 3 weeks (I was having it almost daily) and I could just go on and on about all the other little physical signs of getting healthier and stronger. Doesn't hurt either that I'm back down to a 38 waist from a 42, 6 months ago. Anyway, just wanted to share, and encourage any of my readers who struggle with the same things, that you CAN turn it all around, if I can - ANYONE can, trust me. If you want to know more about the Super Green, exactly how I'm eating, how to get started, or just need support, feel free to drop me a line! Have a GREAT weekend!

6 comments:

  1. That is spectacular news Mate! I would be interested in hearing more about the super green product you talk about. Is it a supplement? I looked at the health food store here in Aus, but I don't think they carry that item here. In any case, if you could tell me exactly what it is and maybe where I could order it online, that would be splendid! Congratulations to you on your 20lb loss! Keep it up Mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! congrats and way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! :-) That's how I felt when I quit smoking a year ago--I quit cold turkey from being a pack and a half daily smoker for 16 years. I keep kosher as far as eating is concerned and I think it would also be good for a diet because of the food awareness it promotes; the kosher rules are extensive. Something you can think about if you're ever looking for something new to do. ;-) CONGRATS again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there Pat! Here's a link to the super green powder - made by a company called Amazing Grass - http://www.amazinggrass.com
    Let me know if you try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there Ex :) Thank you! I used to date a Jewish girl and ate a lot of kosher foods. I do incorporate some kosher stuff, mainly though, organic fruits and veggies and I'm buying known source meats now. Good job on quitting smoking!!

    ReplyDelete