Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Don't Assume...

Because I support and will fight for Trans people being able to medically transition once they've received the proper counseling/therapy, I am called a misogynist. Because I didn't feel my body, as it was, portrayed my true self, and felt more at home in the body I was allowed to transition into, I am called a misogynist. Because I don't support radical feminism, and feel that some radfems spread horrible blanket generalizations, and skew the facts to support their extreme stances on these issues, I am called a misogynist.

Don't assume that because I transitioned from female to male, that I hate women.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, I hate Butches or want them to transition.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, that I support men in women's only spaces.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, that I think I'm better than a woman.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, I agree with other transmen attending/transitioning at women's universities.
Don't assume that because I am a transman, I want others to transition.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, that I am trying to be trendy.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, that I am stereotypically male.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, that women's rights don't matter to me.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, that I was raised with rigid gender expectations.

Don't assume that because I have scars, that I hate them, or look disfigured. I am PROUD of them!

Don't assume that because I wasn't born with a penis, that I don't feel complete.

Don't assume that because I am a transman, that I am angry.

Don't assume that I am unhappy because I am a transman. I am beyond blessed!

Don't Assume.

6 comments:

  1. lol, excellent! (nice turn o the tables, if you get my drift)
    love it & gonna share it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude! I love your posts, and I'm glad to have found your blog. This entry really resonated with me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Most of our assumptions have outlived their uselessness."
    ~Marshall McLuhan

    ReplyDelete
  4. AJ: lol, thank you :)

    Ryan: I'm glad you found my blog! Thanks for reading!

    FB: Great quote - I have never heard that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. good stuff, keep writing :-)

    ReplyDelete