Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

A good 'ol talk with Joe

Yesterday was a great day! We didn't really do much except chillax at home with the kids, but it was just one of those days that was great from start to finish. One of the highlights of my day was a phone call from an old friend who I haven't talked to in AGES! I had reached out to Joe, because I have always thought of Joe as a hella smart cat, and with all his contacts and work in the Butch community, I knew he could help me resolve my feelings surrounding the Butch/Trans divide and boy did he ever! I got some great ideas from him, and just feel better all the way around, about the blog I was wasting my time at, how to move forward, and focus on the fact that the Trans haters in the community are NOT the majority. So anyway, THANK YOU JOE for letting me bounce things off you.
I'm going to spend my time working on our awesome Trans community online as well as networking with it 'offline' - and doing the panels locally and helping raise awareness and educate people wherever I can.
And in honor of Transgender Day of Remembrance, I'd like to share this link to honor those who've lost their lives due to hate.

http://gender.org/remember/

No comments:

Post a Comment