Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A Call to The Trans Community & Supporters

I tell myself all the time to just stop going and reading dirt's blog. I'm a very positive person and try to keep unnecessary negativity out of my life. For awhile, I did think that was necessary negativity because it allowed me an opportunity to reach out and attempt to educate people - but I also realized that the author doesn't want to be educated, nor does her audience. She truly does just like to stir the pot and create drama, in my opinion, to bring attention to herself. Bad attention is better than no attention, right?

The thing is - she has a right to her [warped] opinion. I believe in free speech, even when it's bad. I am 100% against censoring other people's opinions - even if they're ignorant. I would stand up for her right to speak her mind in her blog. Because I don't want to be told what I can/can't say in my own. If it angers you to the point that you're making negative comments back to her, you need to STAY AWAY, and stop commenting. She's using your comments as fuel for more ridicule and hate speech. And make no mistake, she WANTS the comments, she desires the attention and the drama. Let her and her fans be. Without our participation, she is just preaching to the choir. We are a proud, strong community of survivors and we aren't going anywhere! Her ignorance doesn't affect us if we don't allow it to. So please, stay away from there and stop exposing yourselves to the negativity. And if you must go read (I too, am guilty of the train wreck mentality), don't let yourself get sucked into the comment stream.

2 comments:

  1. I have to stay away. It just makes me too angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Staying away is what we all need to do. Take away the audience that she is trying to get a rise out of and leave her with just her own choir of morons to preach to.

    ReplyDelete