Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Happy International Butch Appreciation Day!

So, contrary to popular bullshit, I KNOW that FTMs and Butches are not the same people, cut from the same cloth. I admire the strength and fierceness of a Butch woman, and I'm glad there's a day to appreciate all they add to our community. I have known - and do know - some amazing Butches throughout my lifetime, and even though I appreciate them every day, I honor them today. The Butches who are self confident, strong, proud, and don't define themselves or their community based on what everyone else is doing. Butches who enjoy the diversity of the LGBT community, and support EVERYONE involved in the struggle for equality. You know who you are! The few, sad Butches who want to tear this community apart, and who call for the oppression of another minority group to build themselves up, are a disgrace. You know who you are too, and you should be ashamed of the negative light you shed daily on your Butch community. But, I digress. Celebrate Butch today everyone! Tell a Butch how much you admire them!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this Ex! From a BUTCH who knows who they are and isn't threatened by you :)
    keep up the great blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete